THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED.
Vacancy for an HPLC Field Service Engineer
Verulam Scientific are a fast-expanding scientific instrument sales and service company providing innovative systems and emerging technologies to the UK pharmaceutical, environmental, life science, food, clinical and biotechnology markets. We offer an exciting opportunity to join our team of service engineers. You must have experience of working in a laboratory environment on HPLC, GC, Mass spectrometry and other analytical instrumentation. You will need to show an aptitude for service and operation of this type of equipment however specific training will be given at manufacturers sites in Europe and USA.
Trainees will be considered for this role providing they can demonstrate relevant laboratory experience and engineering aptitude.
Location: Working from home in area defined, ideally situated in Newcastle or Darlington area.
Area: Primarily North of England and Scotland but will be defined by the products being supported and home location. Some products may require travel throughout the UK. It is envisaged that 80% of role will be service related with some technical sales interaction and support.
Visit our website- www.verulamscientific.com
Reporting to Service Manager
- Operation, maintenance and repair of all instrumentation supplied and supported by Verulam Scientific
- To carry out on-site repair, calibration and service of laboratory equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and service to contract schedules
- Carry out on-site installation and OQ to manufacturers protocols
- Occasional travel and service of equipment in other European countries
- Provide technical support to users and scientists.
- Represent company at exhibitions and scientific meetings throughout the UK.
- Maintain service documentation
- Work in accordance with all Health and Safety guidelines and Electricity at Work regulations.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience but in the range £32K -£40K
Contributory pension scheme
Company car allowance (currently £325) per month
Full set of tools and test equipment
Degree, HNC or similar qualification in electromechanical engineering or science subject where practical skills are required. Ideally candidates would have worked on scientific instrumentation in medical, pharma or chemical industries and have HPLC and GC experience.
Experience of working with HPLC from any of the major suppliers and manufacturers would be of special interest.
Contact : Ken at [email protected] or call 07799885402